Have a look to the most Frequently Asked Questions, and get an answer to your own ones.
This section is dedicated to support and guide you in your experience of your mobile, with questions concerning your own mobile, updated in regular bases to give you more answers.
If you still can't find the answer to one of your questions, or you would like to give us some advice, please contact us, we will be happy to reply to you as soon as possible. (Contact our hotline or Write to us)
Below are the TOP FAQs:
- Q1Alcatel A383G: Why does my phone display “Warning! Bad charger contact!” during charging? You can try to factory data reset your phone, please press go to menu -> “Settings” -> “Restore default settings” -> “OK” -> Input password “000000”. You also can long press “*” Key + “power” key in power off mode to enter recovery mode. There is a popup message to warn you if need to reset. Select “√”, it will reset, select “X”, it will quit.Please note that all data in your phone will be erased after factory data reset (not include the data in SIM and SD card).If the problem persists, please bring your phone to Alcatel repair center according to the country you are located in: http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/hotlines_repaircenters.html
- Q2Alcatel A383G: How can I make my phone battery last longer? Please make sure you follow the complete charge time(minimum 3 hours) and exit some applications like Bluetooth when not in use.
- Q3Alcatel A383G: How can I adjust the volume when I am listening to music / playing a video / listening to radio / making a phone call? When your phone are at the interface playing music/video/FM radio or making a phone call, you can press up/down navigation keys or volume slide keys to increase or reduce volume. But if you are playing music and FM radio in the background, you can only press volume silde keys to adjust volume on the idle screen.
- Q4Alcatel A383G: How can I change my phone ringtone, remove power on/off beep? Please go to Menu-> “Settings”-> “Sound” -> choose one mode and press “Options”-> “Customize” -> Select “Incoming call”-> choose one Ringtone -> “Save”. If you want to remove power on/off beep, the only way is to set your phone vibrating or silence, but SMS or call ringtones will become vibrating or silence as well.
- Q5Alcatel A383G: How can I set up speed dial? Please go to the main menu-> “Settings”-> “Phone settings”-> “Keypad” -> “Numeric keys”-> Choose a key you want to set and press ”Options”-> “Edit” -> Choose a contact -> “OK” -> “Yes”; then long press the key you set on keyboard, the phone will dial the contact directly.
- Q6Alcatel A383G: Why couldn’t my phone take photos or make videos? Please check whether your phone’s memory is full. If yes, please delete some files and restart it to check again.If above method doesn’t help, please try to make factory data reset on your phone by long pressing “* key” and “power on/off key” at the same time under power off mode, then you will be asked “All data will be lost, continue?” , please select “ ”. Please note that after factory data reset all personal data added by the user will be lost (except SIM card and memory card).If the problem persists, contact an Alcatel repair center for help. You can check the contact information from Alcatel website:http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/hotlines_repaircenters.html
- Q7Alcatel A383G: Why do I receive text message sending/ receiving error? The failure could relate to the phone, network or your subscription. Please perform the following steps:Make sure your phone is connected to a network, which is not overloaded or unavailable.Check your subscription’s status with your service provider.Check your phone’s memory. If the memory is full, you will not be able to receive message. Please delete some content in your phone’s memory.Check the service number with your phone service provider. If the number is wrong, you will not be able to send or receive message.If the problem still can’t be solved, please bring your phone to Alcatel repair center according to the country you are located in:http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/hotlines_repaircenters.html
- Q8Alcatel A383G: Why does my phone show ‘Network key?’ or ‘Reset Key?’ Network Key is from your service provider. It appears when you want to use SIM card from another service provider. If you don’t know the right Network Key, please contact your service provider.For some service providers, if you have input wrong Network Key above certain times, your phone will be SIM locked and your phone screen will show ‘SIM card locked! Please contact operator! Reset key?’ In this case, even the original operator’s SIM card can’t be used. Please contact your service provider for help.
- Q9Alcatel A383G: Why does my phone show ‘No Service’, ‘Emergency’ or ‘Invalid SIM’? ‘No service’ means no network found by your mobile phone. In this case please move to another place or switch off and then switch on the handset again to check if network can be found.‘Emergency’ means no available network allows user to register on it to get normal service in your location, so only emergency call is available. In this case please move to another place to check if available network can be accessed.If your phone’s screen shows ‘Invalid SIM’, please check with your service provider if the SIM card has any failures. If you are roaming, the network might reject you with some special reasons. In this case please switch off and switch on the handset to check again.
- Q10Alcatel A383G: Why is my phone always showing low power? The failure could be related to the phone, the battery or the charger. Please perform the following steps:Make sure you are using Alcatel’s battery and charger, which are compatible with your phone model.Charge the battery as indicated in the user’s guide.Take out the battery and put it back, following the instructions in the user’s guide.If you have an extra Alcatel battery or charger compatible with your cell phone model, please try to use them.If the problem still can’t be solved, please bring your phone to Alcatel repair center according to the country you are located in: http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/hotlines_repaircenters.html