Faq - ONETOUCH 806
- Q1How can I reduce flow for web browsing?
Please go to menu --> “Wap” --> “Settings” --> “Preferences” --> Select Show images “Never”, then the images will not display when you browse internet.
You can also go to menu --> “Settings” --> “Connectivity” --> “Web” --> “Preferences” --> Select Show images “Never”.
- Q2How can I watch streaming video?
Firstly please make sure your mobile phone is connected to a network which is not overloaded or unavailable.
You have two choices:
1. Go to “Menu” --> “Video player” --> “Options” --> “Download videos”, then you can directly download video from “Alcatel Videos” or from other website by “Options” --> “Go to URL”.
2. Go to “Menu” --> “Video player” --> “Options” --> “Streaming URL” --> “Streaming settings” --> “Options” --> “Edit profiles” and save the setting (Profile setting can be got from your service provider) --> go back to “Streaming URL” --> “Input URL”.
- Q3Why is the touch screen sometimes insensitive? The phone with touch screen function may be insensitive after using for some time. In this case please calibrate the touch screen by the following two methods:
· Long press the volume key from the main screen；
· In main menu, choose Settings --> Phone settings --> Touch settings --> LCD touch calibration.
- Q4How can I change the input method when I write message? You can change the input method in the following two ways:
• Please press Options → “Input method”, then choose the input method that you want.
• Please press “Fn” key and Space key at the same time to change input method.
- Q5How can I start Wi-Fi? You can start Wi-Fi in the following two ways:
• Please press menu key and then click the Wi-Fi icon, choose “Yes” to turn on Wi-Fi.
• Please click the left side key in the idle interface, which is the Wi-Fi key, and then choose “Yes” to turn on Wi-Fi.
- Q6How can I connect to Wi-Fi? Please turn on Wi-Fi and press “Options” in the interface of “Available networks”, then choose “Refresh”. The available Wi-Fi networks will be listed. If there is a lock on the Wi-Fi icon, a user name and password are required for connection. If no, this Wi-Fi network is for free. Please click the network which you want to connect, press “Options” then choose “Connect”. If the connection is successful, a green tag will appear on both Wi-Fi icon and signal icon. The Wi-Fi icon will also be shown on the top of the idle interface, near the antenna signal icon.
- Q7How can I browse the web by Wi-Fi? You can use Wi-Fi to browse the web in the following two ways:
• Browse the web by Wap
In idle interface, press “Wap” → “Settings” → “Select profile” → “Wi-Fi preferred” or “Wi-Fi” → “OK” (left soft key). Then press “ Edit profile” → “Wi-Fi” → “Create” → enter profile name and homepage → “Done”.
• Browse the web by Opera without any setting
- Q8 How can I identify whether Wi-Fi works or GPRS works when browsing the web? An E icon displays on the top of idle interface when GPRS works. A Wi-Fi icon displays on the top of the idle interface when Wi-Fi works.
- Q9How can I add a shortcut on desktop? Press the application icon for about 2 seconds, the icon will then be displayed and moved to home screen as your finger moves.
If you want to delete the short cut in the idle interface, please press the icon in the idle interface for about 2 seconds, a red cross will display near the icon. Press the red cross and “Done” on the bottom of the idle interface, the shortcut will be deleted.
- Q10How can I lock the keypad? You can lock the keypad in the following two ways:
• In the menu interface, press “Settings” → “Phone settings” → “Auto lock”, then choose “30 sec” or “1 min”. If you choose “Off”, the keypad will not be locked automatically.
• Press the power on key to lock the keypad.
- Q11How can I input symbol and change the input method? If you want to input symbols, please press the “Fn” key and symbol key at the same time, then you can select the symbol in the symbol page.
If you want to change the input method, please press the “Fn” key and space key at the same time. You can also change it in the following way: Press “Options” → “ Input method”, and then choose the input method you want.
- Q12Why couldn’t I use my Yahoo! account on mobile? Yahoo! account has some distinction in different countries.
In some countries, Yahoo! providers permit their accounts to use POP3 or IMAP4 protocol. The users can use their Yahoo! accounts on mobile devices in these countries, such as UK and France.
In some countries such as China and India, Yahoo! account can not use POP3 or IMAP4 for free. Users have to pay money to upgrade to " Yahoo! Plus", or user can download their Yahoo! mail in an email client such as Outlook.
- Q13How to know whether I can use mobile Yahoo! account or not?
Please sign in you Yahoo! mail on your PC, and then put your cursor on the top-right corner of the following page and choose "Options” -->“More Options".
You will access the Yahoo! account settings page. Please choose "POP& Forwarding".
If you're permitted to use mobile Yahoo!, you'll see below screen.
If you're not permitted to use mobile Yahoo! for free, you'll see the following screen.
- Q14How should I configure my Yahoo! account on mobile? If your Yahoo! Mail account can be used on mobile device, the parameters can be set as following:
Incoming Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming Port: 995 (requires SSL) or 110(doesn't require SSL)
Outgoing Port: 465 (requires SSL) or 25(doesn't require SSL)
Outgoing Authentication: On
- Q15How can I set up my email account by Wi-Fi? 1. Go to Menu, then click “Email” --> Choose the email account that you want to use --> “Options” --> “ Edit account” --> “Advanced settings” -->“Account settings” --> “Data account” --> Select “Wi-Fi” and save it.
2. Go to Menu, then click “Wi-Fi” --> “Options” --> “Refresh” --> Select the network that you want to connect in the list--> “Options” --> “Connect”. Please enter the password if the chosen Wi-Fi is not free.
3. You can see the WIFI icon shown on the top of the idle screen when you browse you email.
- Q16How can I install Java application on my phone?
1. Please connect the phone to your PC via USB data cable and download the Java program to the SD card in your phone. Please download the “Jar” file or the combination of “Jar” and “Jad” file. Only “Jad” file is not supported. (Here we take the Java program “My Life In New York” for example.)
2. Please go to menu, select “File manager” --> “SD card” --> Select the Java program that you want to install --> “Options” --> “Install”.
3. Select the storage location to be “Phone” or “SD card”.
After the installation, a popup message will ask you to launch this Java MIDlet or not.
4. You can also run this Java MIDlet by the following method.