Faq - ONE TOUCH 807D
- Q1How can I install Java application on my phone?
1. Please connect the phone to your PC via USB data cable and download the Java program to the SD card in your phone. Please download the “Jar” file or the combination of “Jar” and “Jad” file. Only “Jad” file is not supported. (Here we take the Java program “My Life In New York” for example.)
2. Please go to menu, select “File manager” --> “SD card” --> Select the Java program that you want to install ---> “Options” --> “Install”.
3. Select the storage location to be “Phone” or “SD card”.
After the installation, a popup message will ask you to launch this Java MIDlet or not.
4. You can also run this Java MIDlet by the following method.
- Q2How can I reduce flow for web browsing?
Please go to menu --> “Wap” --> “Settings” --> “Preferences” --> Select Show images “Never”, then the images will not display when you browse internet. You can also go to menu --> “Settings” --> “Connectivity” --> “Web” --> “Preferences” --> Select Show images “Never”.
- Q3How can I watch streaming video?
Firstly please make sure your mobile phone is connected to a network which is not overloaded or unavailable.
You have two choices:
1. Go to “Menu” --> “Video player” --> “Options” --> “Download videos”, then you can directly download video from “Alcatel Videos” or from other website by “Options” --> “Go to URL”.
2. Go to “Menu” --> “Video player” --> “Options” --> “Streaming URL” --> “Streaming settings” --> “Options” --> “Edit profiles” and save the setting (Profile setting can be got from your service provider) --> go back to “Streaming URL” --> “Input URL”.
- Q4Why is the touch screen sometimes no sensitive?
The phone with touch screen function may be insensitive after using for some time. In this case please calibrate the touch screen by the following two methods:
1. Long press the volume key from the main screen；
2. In main menu, choose Settings --> Phone settings --> Touch settings --> LCD touch calibration.
- Q5Why couldn’t I use my Yahoo! account on mobile?
Yahoo! account has some distinction in different countries.
In some countries, Yahoo! providers permit their accounts to use POP3 or IMAP4 protocol. The users can use their Yahoo! accounts on mobile devices in these countries, such as UK and France.
In some countries such as China and India, Yahoo! account can not use POP3 or IMAP4 for free. Users have to pay money to upgrade to " Yahoo! Plus", or user can download their Yahoo! mail in an email client such as Outlook.
- Q6How to know whether I can use mobile Yahoo! account or not? Please sign in you Yahoo! mail on your PC, and then put your cursor on the top-right corner of the following page and choose "Options --> More Options".
You will access the Yahoo! account settings page. Please choose "POP& Forwarding".
If you're permitted to use mobile Yahoo!, you'll see below screen.
If you're not permitted to use mobile Yahoo! for free, you'll see the following screen.
- Q7How can I set up my email account by Wi-Fi? 1. Go to Menu, then click Email --> Choose the email account that you want to use --> Options --> Edit account --> Advanced settings --> Account settings --> Data account --> Select Wi-Fi and save it.
2. Go to Menu, then click Wi-Fi --> Options --> Refresh --> Select the network that you want to connect in the list--> Options --> Connect. Please enter the password if the chosen Wi-Fi is not free.
3. You can see the WIFI icon shown on the top of the idle screen when you browse you email.
- Q8How should I configure my Yahoo! account on mobile? If your Yahoo! Mail account can be used on mobile device, the parameters can be set as following:
Incoming Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming Port: 995 (requires SSL) or 110(doesn't require SSL)
Outgoing Port: 465 (requires SSL) or 25(doesn't require SSL)
Outgoing Authentication: On