Faq - ONE TOUCH 903D
- Q1Why couldn’t I power on my phone with low battery when the phone is being charged? Your phone can’t power on until the voltage reaches to certain value when the phone is being charged. Please wait for a moment to power on your phone.
- Q2How can I forward or copy a message?
Please long press the message and then a list of options will appear on the screen. You can choose the option by touching it.
- Q3I was requested to input my Google account during the setup wizard when I switch it on for the first time. Can I use the phone without a Google account? Yes, you can use the phone without a Google account. ONE TOUCH 903D is a smart phone with Android system which has built in programs such as Google mail and Google Market, which request a Google account for application. We suggest you have a Google account so that you can fully use all the functions of Android operating system.
- Q4How can I find the recently used programs? Please long press Home key and the recently used programs will be displayed on the screen.
- Q5How can I set my incoming call ringtone?
Please press “Menu” key at home screen ->"Settings”->“Audio profiles”-> Access into a profile ->"Phone ringtone” -> Select a ringtone you want.
You can also go to main menu->“Music”->Open an mp3 file which you want to set as your incoming call ringtone->press “Menu”->“Use as ringtone”.
- Q6Why doesn’t my alarm work? Please note that the alarm supports to work under power on and power off modes and please remember to touch the icon after you finish editing your alarm. There will be a green bar under the icon if the alarm is activated successfully.
- Q7How can I forward incoming call to another phone?
Please press “Menu” key at home screen ->“Settings”->“Call settings”->“Voice call”->“Call forwarding”->“Always forward”->Input the phone number which you want to forward to and enable it.
- Q8How can I attach attachment into MMS?
The maximum message size of ONE TOUCH 903D is 300KB. You can attach any attachment within this size by the following steps:
Create a new message --> touch “Menu” key --> "Attach” -->select the file which you want to attach.
You can also attach more than one attachment by following below steps, but the total size of these attachments should be within 300KB.
Create a new message -->touch “Menu” key -->"Attach” -->"Slideshow” -->"Slide 1” -->"Add picture” -->select the file which you want to attach -->touch “Menu” key -->"Add slide” --> "Add picture” --> repeat if you need to attach more attachments.
You can also add music as attachment if you press “Add music” instead of “Add slide”.
- Q9How can I transfer files by Bluetooth? Please press “Menu” key at home screen->“Settings”->“Wireless & networks”->Turn on “Bluetooth”. Then please go to main menu->“File Manager”->Long press a file which you want to send via Bluetooth->“Share”->“Bluetooth”->Select a device to pair with, then the file will be transferred.
- Q10Why doesn’t my earphone work properly? ONE TOUCH 903D has refined design in earphone connector which can only be compatible with the original earphone. Please use the original earphone.
- Q11Why couldn’t I see the SD card on PC? 1. Please make sure your SD card is undamaged and can be recognized by your handset.
2. Please make sure the right USB cable for ONE TOUCH 903D is used.
3. When you connect the handset to PC, you’ll get the notification of “USB connected”. Please press “Mount” to turn on USB storage, then you can access your SD card on PC.
- Q12How should I stop the connection between SD card and PC? If you want to stop the connection between SD card and PC, please click the status bar on home screen and drag it down, then click “Turn off USB storage”->“Turn off”.
- Q13How can I change the input method? Firstly please make sure the input methods you need have been installed in your phone. Then go to “Messaging”->“Compose new message”->Long press the blank area and click “Input method” on the popup window, you can select the input method that you want.
- Q14How can I add/move/delete the application on the home screen? You can add/move the applications on home screen in the following two ways:
1. Press “Menu” key at keyboard, click “Add”, choose an item: Shortcuts / Widgets/ Folders/ Wallpapers, then click the application which you want to add on the home screen.
2. Press the application icon for about 2 seconds, the icon will be displayed and moved on home screen.
If you want to delete the application on the home screen, please press the application icon on home screen for about 2 seconds, the icon will then become bigger and a trash can icon will appear at the bottom of home screen. The application will be deleted from the home screen if you drag the application icon to the trash can.
- Q15Why couldn’t I see my contacts in the SIM card? The contacts which are saved in SIM card display in “SIM card” tab, you can find them when clicking on the “All contact” →“SIM card” →select a SIM or both.
If you want to use the contact in SIM card, you need to import them from SIM card to phone before you use them. Please press Menu key when you get in the contacts interface, then choose “More” →“Import/Export” → Select the place which you want to copy contacts from → “Next” → Select the place which you want to copy contacts to → “Next” → Select contacts → “Copy” .
- Q16Can I use the phone without SD card? Yes, the phone can be used without SD card. But SD card is mandatory for some applications, such as camera, camcorder and downloading files from internet. We suggest you have an SD card so that you can fully use all the functions.
- Q17How can I install programs like tools and games? APK (Android Package) file is the installation file for Android phone, which can be downloaded from Google Market or other websites. Please copy APK files to the SD card and access into the built-in “File Manager” to open it, then follow the setup wizard to finish the installation.
Please note that the third-party APK files downloaded from other websites except Google Market are not allowed to be installed by default due to security reason. You can change the setting by the following method: “Settings” → “Applications”, then activate “Unknown sources” option.
- Q18How can I uninstall the programs? The built-in programs in the handset are not allowed to be uninstalled. You can only uninstall the applications installed by yourself.
Please press “Menu” key at home screen →“Settings”→ “Applications” → “Manage applications”, then you can see the applications installed by yourself. Please click the one that you want to uninstall and follow the uninstall process.
- Q19How can I connect to Wi-Fi? Please press “Menu” key at home screen -->"Settings”-->"Wireless & networks” --> Turn on “Wi-Fi” -->Press “Wi-Fi settings” --> Select “Network notification” -->press “Menu” key -->“Scan” -->The available Wi-Fi networks will be listed.Press the network which you want to connect. If the connection is successful, the Wi-Fi icon will be shown on the top of the status bar, near the antenna signal icon.Please note that the Wi-Fi function could fail if static IP is activated. You can deactivate “Use static IP” by pressing “Menu” key at home screen -> "Settings” -> "Wireless & networks”->Turn on “Wi-Fi” ->Press “Wi-Fi settings” -> press “Menu” key --> “Advanced”--> deactivate “Use static IP”.
- Q20Why is there no display when I click Map or GPS? The phone requires around 5 minutes to access the GPS satellite and to get the best positioning when you use the GPS for the first time. A better and quicker positioning requires to be stable in a place with clear view of the sky. The GPS needs around 20-40s to get the best positioning after the first time.
- Q21Why is there a yellow line at the bottom of phone screen when I scroll down the screen? You have reached the end of this page when this sign shows up. You will also find the same sign at the top of screen when you scroll screen up to the top. This is a default setting in Android2.3.
- Q22Why does my screen orientation adjust itself? The screen can orientate automatically with the machine moving. You can go to “Settings” → “Display” →deactivate “Orientation”.
- Q23How can I set the unlock pattern? Please press “Menu” key at home screen→ “Settings” → “Security” → “Set up screen lock” → “Pattern”.
An example of unlock pattern will appear on the screen to show you how to do. Click “Next” to continue.
Draw an unlock pattern as you want and memorize it. Click “continue”.
Draw the pattern again and click “confirm”. Now the pattern is the unlock pattern for your phone.
- Q24I forget the screen unlock pattern. How can I unlock the screen now? If you forget the screen unlock pattern, please make user data format in the following way:Turn off the handset, press the volume up key and the Power key at the same time for a few seconds until you see the reset interface, then press “Home” key -> Select “wipe data/factory reset” via volume key ->Press “Menu” key to confirm ->Select “Yes –delete all user data” ->Press "Menu” key to confirm again -> Please select “reboot system now” and press “Menu” to confirm to reboot your phone. The handset can be used without screen unlock pattern after its reboot.Please note that user data format will erase all data from your phone (not include SD card files and current system software).
- Q25Why does my phone work slower than before?
When too many temporary files have been stored in memory, it may affect system response. We suggest you find suitable APK from Android Market to clean your database. And please do not install too many applications in system as it might affect the operation performance. It is suggested to use “Manage Applications” to kill the unused running programs, uninstall the unnecessary applications or move applications from phone memory to SD card:
1. Please press “Menu” key at home screen ->“Manage applications” -> select “Running”-> select the idle programs that you are not using and stop them.
2. Please press “Menu” key at home screen ->“Manage applications” -> select “On SD Card”-> click the one that you want to uninstall and follow the uninstall process.
3. Please press “Menu” key at home screen ->“Settings” -> “Applications” -> “Storage use” -> Select one application which is saved in phone memory -> click “Move to SD card”.
You can also visit our website to find the latest software to update your system.
- Q26Why couldn’t I get the location fixed by GPS suddenly? If your moving speed is around 8-10km/h, you will not get a location fixed by GPS. Please reduce the speed or have a stop for 20-30 seconds, then you can get the location fixed.
And sometimes the network is too weak to get the location. Please wait for a while and go to a place with good network, or power off and power on again your phone, then you can get the location fixed.
- Q27Why isn’t Gtalk connected and why couldn’t I download application on Android Market by using Wi-Fi? Please confirm that your Wi-Fi router or firewall is not blocking pot 5228(TCP and UDP). You can read the user guide of your Wi-Fi equipment or contact your IT for more details.
- Q28Why is there a notification of connection error or certificates error when I use mail or Face book/Twitter/Opera mini? If the time or time zone is not correctly set, the phone might have connection error or certificates error when you use the above applications. Please set your handset’s time to the correct local time including time zone, date and time.
- Q29How can I reduce flow for web browsing? Please go to main menu -> “Browser” -> Press “Menu” key -> “More” -> “Settings” -> Cancel “Load images”, then the images will not display when you browse internet.
- Q30How can I set up my Internet connection? 1．Please go to menu-> "Settings”-> "Wireless & networks”
2. Select “Mobile networks” -> "Access Point Names” ->you can select a corresponding APN or press “Menu” key-> Create a “New APN”.
3. Please input the data according to local network parameters.
4.After above parameters have been entered and saved, please go to “Menu” key on home screen -> "Settings” -> "SIM management” -> "Data connection” -> Select your operator.
After the above steps are done, you can access Internet.
- Q31How can I use my phone as modem?
There are two methods to use the phone as modem:
Method 1: By using USB tethering
1. Please make sure USB driver has been installed in PC;
2. Please connect your phone to PC via USB cable, then go to main menu ->“Settings”-> “Wireless & networks”-> “Tethering & PTBL hotspot” -> activate “USB tethering”.
Method 2: By using portable Wi-Fi hotspot
1. Please go to main menu ->“Settings”"->Wireless & networks”->”Tethering & PTBL hotspot” -> activate “Portable Wi-Fi hotspots -> Go to “Ptbl Wi-Fi hotspot settings” ->press “Configure Wi-Fi hotspot” to change device name and set up password ->Save;
2. Please activate the wireless network connection of your computer and it will auto search the wireless signal; then connect it and input the same password.
Note: 1.Please make sure the data connection is on by going to “Menu” key on home screen -> “Settings” -> “SIM management” -> “Data connection”-> Select a SIM card which you want to use for data connection. 2. Please make sure bluetooth is off when you are using portable hotspots; 3. Please turn off portable Wi-Fi hotspot when you are not using it for security concern.
Once phone and PC get connected, the phone can act as a modem.
- Q32Why does my Android phone become warm? The phone will become warm following prolonged calls, game playing, internet surfing or running other complex applications. This heating is a normal consequence of the CPU handling excessive data. Ending above actions will make your phone return to normal temperature.
- Q33How can I make my battery last longer?
Firstly, please close some applications which are not used in background.
Please press “Menu” key-> “Settings”->“Applications”->“Running services”->select the idle programs that you are not using and stop them.
Secondly, please adjust the screen brightness.
Please press menu key from home screen->“Settings”->“Display”->“Brightness”.
Thirdly, please deactivate Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when you are not using them.
Please press “Menu” key from home screen->“Settings”-> “Wireless & networks” ->deactivate “Bluetooth” and “Wi-Fi”.
Fourthly, you can disable “Background data”.
Please press “Menu” key from home screen->“Settings”-> “Accounts & sync” -> Disable “Background data”.
- Q34How can I select SIM 1 or SIM 2 to make voice call, messaging and data connection?
There are two methods to select SIM 1 or SIM 2 to make voice call, messaging and data connection.
Method 1: Permanent Setting
Please press “Menu” key at home screen ->“Settings”->“SIM management”->“Data connection” ->Select SIM1 or SIM2 for “ Voice call/ Messaging/ Data connection ” respectively.
Method 2: Temporary Setting
For voice call, please enter the designed number from the keyboard directly->press to select SIM1 or SIM2 and press for voice call.
For messaging, please press to select SIM1 or SIM2 for sending after the message compilation.
For data connection, please drag down the status bar on home screen, press “Data connect” to select SIM1 or SIM2 for data connection.
- Q35Why does my phone screen become black when I end a call? ONE TOUCH 903D has a proximity sensor. With this sensor, the LCD backlight will turn off automatically when the phone closes to your skin and will light on again when the phone is apart. This design can help to save power consumption.
If there is some dirt on proximity sensor lens, the proximity sensor might not work normally and your phone screen might become black and couldn’t response even if you press any key after ending a call. In this case, please clean the surface of proximity sensor lens and re-power on the phone (sometimes you might need to remove the battery first).
It is suggested to keep your proximity sensor lens always clean during your daily using. Proximity sensor’s position is as below for your reference:
- Q36How can I set my own MP3 files as SMS ringtone? Please go to menu->"File manager"->press “Menu” key ->"New folder"->input "Notifications" as the folder name->OK->Copy the MP3 files to this new folder "Notifications";
Then go to menu->"Messaging"->press “Menu” key-> “Settings"->"Select ringtone"->you will find your MP3 files here, please select one--OK.
- Q37Could I un-mount the SD card when the phone is power on? Please note that you need to power off your phone before you un-mount SD card, which will prevent corrupting or damaging the files in SD card. And you can also un-mount the SD card under power on mode if you press “Menu” key at home screen—> “Settings”—> “SD card & phone storage” —>choose “Unmount SD card”.
- Q38What is the difference between SIM 1 slot and SIM 2 slot? The SIM1 slot can support SIM card in 2G and 3G network, while the SIM2 slot can only support SIM card in 2G network. Please insert the SIM card to the right SIM slot according to its network type.
- Q39How can I make factory data reset on my phone?
There are 2 methods to make factory data reset on your phone:
Method 1: Under power on mode
Please go to menu->“Settings” -->“Privacy” ->“Factory data reset”-> “Reset phone” -> You will be request to draw your unlock pattern to confirm a factory data reset if you have set up lock pattern before--> “Erase everything”;
Method 2: Under power off mode
Turn off the handset, press the volume up key and the Power key at the same time for a few seconds until you see the reset interface, then press “Home” key -> Select “wipe data/factory reset” via volume key -> Press “Menu” key to confirm -> Select “Yes –delete all user data” -> Press “Menu” key to confirm again -> Please select “reboot system now” and press “Menu” to confirm to reboot your phone. The handset can be used without screen unlock pattern after its reboot.
Please note that user data format will erase all your personal information and downloaded apps (not include SD card files and current system software).
- Q40Why couldn’t my phone detect SDHC Card? Firstly please make sure your SDHC card is not damaged or scratched and has been correctly inserted. Secondly please note that your phones only support parts of SDHC card except UHS-I, UHS-II or above cards. You can follow below table to check the mark. If the mark on your SD card is in below table, it means the card can’t be used in your phone. For more detail, please contact your SDHC card supplier.