Faq - ONE TOUCH 908
- Q1How can I forward or copy a message? Please long press the message and then a list of options will appear on the screen. You can choose the option by touching it.
- Q2I was requested to input my Google account during the setup wizard when I switch it on for the first time. Can I use the phone without a Google account? Yes, you can use the phone without a Google account. One Touch 908 is a smart phone with Android system which has built in programs such as Google mail and Google Market, which request a Google account for application. We suggest you have a Google account so that you can fully use all the functions of Android operating system.
- Q3How can I find the lately used programs? Please long press home key and the latest used programs will be displayed on the screen.
- Q4How can I set my incoming call ringtone? Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Sound” -> “Phone ringtone” -> Select the ringtone you want to set. You can also go to main menu -> “File Manager” -> find the mp3 file which you want to set as your incoming call ringtone -> press “menu” -> “Use as ringtone”.
- Q5Why doesn’t my alarm work? Firstly, please be noted that the alarm does not work in power off mode. Secondly, please remember to touch the icon after you finish editing your alarm. There will be a green bar under the icon if the alarm is activated successfully.
- Q6How can I forward incoming call to another phone? Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Call settings” -> “GSM call settings” -> “Call forwarding” -> “Always forward” -> Input the phone number which you want to forward to and enable it.
- Q7How can I attach attachment into MMS? The max message size of 908 series phones is 300KB. You can attach any attachment within this size by following below steps:
Create a new message -> touch “Menu” key -> “Attach” -> select the file which you want to attach.
You can also attach more than one attachment by following below steps, but the total size of these attachments should be within 300KB.
Create a new message -> touch “Menu” key -> “Attach” ->“Slideshow” -> “Slide 1” -> “Add picture” -> select the file which you want to attach -> touch “Menu” key -> “Add slide” ->“Add picture” -> repeat if you need to attach more attachments.
You can also add music as attachment if you press “Add music” instead of “Add slide”.
- Q8How can I reduce flow for web browsing? Please go to main menu -> “Browser” -> Press “menu” key -> “More” -> “Settings” -> Cancel “Load images”, then the images will not display when you browse internet.
- Q9How can I transfer files by Bluetooth? Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Wireless & networks” -> Turn on “Bluetooth”. Then please go to main menu -> “File Manager” -> Long press the file which you want to send via Bluetooth “Share” “Bluetooth” Select a device, then the file will be transferred.
- Q10Why couldn’t I see the SD card on PC? 1. Please make sure your SD card is undamaged and can be recognized by your handset.
2. Please make sure the right USB cable for One Touch 908 is used.
3. When you connect the handset to PC, you’ll get the notification of “USB connected”. Please choose “Mount”, then you can access your SD card on PC.
- Q11How should I stop the connection between SD card and PC? If you want to stop the connection between SD card and PC, please click the status bar on home screen and drag it down, then click “Turn off USB storage” -> “Turn off”.
- Q12How can I change the Input Method? Please make sure that you have those input methods installed in your phone and they were chosen by “Settings” -> “Language & keyboard”. Long press the blank area where you want to type in, click Input method on the popup window, then you can select the input method that you want.
- Q13How can I add/move/delete the application on the home screen? You can add/move the applications on home screen in the following two ways:
1. Press menu key at home screen, click “Add”, choose an item: Shortcuts / Widgets/ Folders/ Wallpapers, then click the application which you want to add on the home screen.
2. Press the application icon for about 2 seconds, the icon will be displayed and moved on home screen as your finger moves.
If you want to delete the application on the home screen, please press the application icon on home screen for about 2 seconds the icon will then become bigger and a trash can icon will appear in the bottom of home screen. The application will be deleted from the home screen if you drag the application icon to the trash can.
- Q14Why couldn’t I see my contacts in the SIM card? The contacts in the SIM card should be imported to handset before you use them. Please press Menu key when you get in the contacts interface, then choose “Import/Export” → “Import from SIM card”. You can also choose “Import from SD card” if you have vCard saved in your SD card.
- Q15 Can I use the phone without SD card? Yes, the phone can be used without SD card. But the SD card is mandatory for some applications, such as camera, camcorder and downloading files from internet. We suggest you have an SD card, so that you can fully use all the functions.
- Q16How can I install programs like tools and games? APK (Android Package) file is the installation file for Android phone, which can be downloaded from Google Market or other websites. Please copy APK files to the SD card and use the built-in File Manager program to open it, then follow the setup wizard to finish the installation. Please be noted that the third-party APK files downloaded from other websites except Google Market are not allowed to be installed by default due to security reason. You can change the setting by the following method: “Setting” → “Applications”, then choose “Unknown sources” option.
- Q17How can I uninstall the programs? The built-in programs in the handset are not allowed to be uninstalled. You can only uninstall the applications installed by yourself. Please press “menu” key at home screen → “Settings” → “Applications” → “Manage applications”, then you can see the applications installed by yourself. Please click the one that you want to uninstall and follow the uninstall process.
- Q18How can I connect to Wi-Fi?
Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Wireless & networks” -> Turn on “Wi-Fi” -> Press “Wi-Fi settings” -> Select “Network notification” -> press “menu” key -> “Scan” -> The available Wi-Fi networks will be listed. Press the network which you want to connect. If the connection is successful, the Wi-Fi icon will be shown on the top of the status bar, near the antenna signal icon.
Please be noted that the Wi-Fi function could be failed if static IP is activated. You can deactivate “Use static IP” by pressing “Menu” key at home screen ->"Settings” ->"Wireless & networks”->Turn on “Wi-Fi” ->Press “Wi-Fi settings” -> press menu key -> “Advanced” -> deactivate “Use static IP”.
- Q19Why is there no display when I click Map or GPS? The phone requires around 5 minutes to access the GPS satellite and to get the best positioning when you use the GPS for the first time. A better and quicker positioning requires to be stable in a place with clear view of the sky. The GPS need around 20-40s to get the best positioning after the first time.
- Q20How can I close Wi-Fi when the screen turns off? Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Wireless & networks” -> “Wi-Fi settings” -> “menu” key -> “Advanced”.
Press “Wi-Fi sleep policy” -> Select “When screen turns off”. Then the Wi-Fi function will be sleep when the screen turns off. Please do not choose “Never” because the battery will be used up very soon.
- Q21How can I set the unlock pattern? Please press “menu” key at home screen → “Settings” → “Location & security” → “Set up screen lock” → “Pattern”. An example of unlock pattern will appear on the screen show you how to do. Click “Next” to continue.
Draw an unlock pattern as you want and memorize it. Click “continue”.
Draw the pattern again and click “confirm”. Now the pattern has become the unlock pattern for your phone.
- Q22I forget the screen unlock pattern. How can I unlock the screen now? If you forget the screen unlock pattern, please make user data reset in the following way: Turn off the handset, press the volume up key and the Power key at the same time for a few seconds until you see the reset interface. The handset can be used without screen unlock pattern after its reboot. Please be noted that factory reset will erase all data from your phone (not include SD card files and current system software). Please backup all useful information before reset.
- Q23Why couldn’t I get the location fixed by GPS suddenly? If your moving speed is around 8-10km/h, you will not get a location fixed by GPS. Please reduce the speed or have a stop for 20-30 seconds, then you can get the location fixed.
- Q24Why isn’t Gtalk connected and why couldn’t I download application on Android Market by using Wi-Fi? Please confirm that your Wi-Fi router or firewall is not blocking pot 5228(TCP and UDP). You can read the user guide of your Wi-Fi equipment or contact your IT for more details.
- Q25Why is there a notification of connection error or certificates error when I use mail or Face book/Twitter/Opera mini? If the time or time zone is not correctly set, the phone might have connection error or certificates error during the above applications. Please set your handset’s time to the right local time including time zone, date and time.
- Q26Which kind of video/picture I can watch on my phone? Which kind of music I can play? The phone supports video types: H.263, MPEG4 and H.264. Picture types: BMP, JPEG, GIF, png. Music types: AAC, AAC+, AAC Enhanced, WB AMR, MP3, Midi, wma.
- Q27Why does my battery run out so fast?
Firstly, if your phone is in a region with weak 3G signal, we suggest you select “Use only 2G network” to prevent your mobile always switching between 2G and 3G network. You can press menu key from home screen → “Settings” → “Wireless & networks” → “Mobile networks” → “GSM/UMTS Options” → Select “Use only 2G networks” to save battery.
Secondly, please close some applications which are not used in background.
You can press menu key → Setting → “Applications” → “Running services” → select idle programs that you are not using.
Thirdly, you can adjust screen brightness to save battery.
You can press menu key from home screen → “Settings” → “Display” → “Brightness”.
Fourthly, please deactivate Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when you are not using them.
You can press menu key from home screen → “Settings” → deactivate “Wireless & networks”/”Bluetooth”
Fifthly, you can disable “Background data” to save battery.
You can press menu key from home screen → “Settings” → disable “Accounts & sync”
- Q28How can I set up my Internet connection?
1．Please go to menu->“Setting” ->"Wireless & networks”
2. Select “Mobile networks”-> "GSM/UMTS Options”
3. Press “Access Point Names”-> you can select a corresponding APN or press “Menu” key-> Create a “New APN”.
4. Please input the data according to local network parameter.
5. Please make sure “Disable mobile data con” is deactivated by going to menu-->“Battery saver”-->”Settings”--> Deactivate “Disable mobile data con”.
6. After the above steps are done, please go to menu-->“Settings”--> "Wireless & networks” --> “Mobile networks” -->activate “Data enabled”, then you can access Internet.
If you have any question, please contact us.
- Q29How can I set my own MP3 files as SMS ringtone? Please go to menu-->"File manager"-->press “Menu” key -->"New folder"-->input "Notifications" as the folder name-->OK-->Copy the MP3 files to this new folder "Notifications";
Then go to menu-->"Messaging"-->press "Menu" key--> “Settings"-->"Select ringtone"-->you will find your MP3 files here, please select one--OK.
- Q30Could I un-mount the SD card when the phone is power on? Please note that you need to power off your phone before you un-mount SD card, which will prevent corrupting or damaging the files in SD card.
- Q31Why does my phone screen become black when I end a call? One Touch 908 has a proximity sensor. With this sensor, the LCD backlight will turn off automatically when the phone closes to your skin and will light on again when the phone is apart. This design can help to save power consumption.
If there is some dirt on proximity sensor lens, the proximity sensor might not work normally and your phone screen might become black and couldn’t response even if you press any key after ending a call. In this case, please clean the surface of proximity sensor lens and re-power on the phone (sometimes you might need to remove the battery first).
It is suggested to keep your proximity sensor lens always clean during your daily using. Proximity sensor’s position is as below for your reference:
- Q32Why couldn’t I power on my phone with low battery when the phone is being charged? Your phone can’t power on until the voltage reaches to certain value when the phone is being charged. Please wait for a moment to power on your phone.
- Q33What is the difference between one touch 908 and one touch 908F?
One touch 908F, which has an “f”key, is the facebook version of one touch 908.
With the dedicated Facebook “f” key, you can Launch Facebook notifications, create a new facebook account from your phone, sync Facebook contacts to phone address book
auto-download Facebook album to phone gallery,instantly share photos and web links to your facebook wall, search for facebook friends and phone numbers, import your friend's birthday to your calendar.
When screen is dark, the “f” key will blink when there is Facebook message , event or alert.
- Q34Why couldn’t my phone detect SDHC Card? Firstly please make sure your SDHC card is not damaged or scratched and has been correctly inserted. Secondly please note that your phone only supports some kinds of SDHC card except UHS-I, UHS-II or above cards. You can follow below table to check the mark. If the mark on your SD card is in below table, it means the card can’t be used in your phone. For more detail, please contact your SDHC card supplier.
- Q35Why couldn’t my phone detect SDHC Card? Firstly please make sure your SDHC card is not damaged or scratched and has been correctly inserted. Secondly please note that your phone only supports some kinds of SDHC card except UHS-I, UHS-II or above cards. You can follow below table to check the mark. If the mark on your SD card is in below table, it means the card can’t be used in your phone. For more detail, please contact your SDHC card supplier.
- Q36Why does my Android phone become warm? The phone will become warm following prolonged calls, game playing, internet surfing or running other complex applications. This heating is a normal consequence of the CPU handling excessive data. Ending above actions will make your phone return to normal temperature.
- Q37Where can I download source code for my phone? Please feel free to download source code for your phone from the following website:
- Q38Why couldn’t I download MMS?
You can’t download MMS if you haven’t set up Internet connection well.
Please set up internet by accessing to menu-> “Settings”-> "Wireless & networks”
2. Select “Mobile networks” -> “Access Point Names” ->you can select a corresponding APN or press “Menu” key-> Create a “New APN”
3. Please input the data according to local network parameter.
4. Please make sure “Disable mobile data con” is deactivated by going to menu -> “Battery saver” ->”Settings” -> Deactivate “Disable mobile data con”.
5. After the above steps are done, please go to menu-> “Settings”-> "Wireless & networks” -> “Mobile networks” ->activate “Data enabled”, then you can access Internet.
If you have any question, please contact us.