Faq - ONETOUCH 995
- Q1How can I set SPB Shell 3D as the default launcher?
When you power on the phone at the first time, a screen will pop up as below. Please activate “Use by default for this action” and touch “SPB Shell 3D”, then the launcher is set as default when you use the phone.
- Q2How can I clear SPB Shell 3D default launcher and change it to another one?
Please touch menu icon->"Manage apps” ->Select “SPB shell 3D” -> click “Clear defaults” -> touch Home icon, then a screen pops up informing you to select a launcher.
- Q3How can I use “Wi-Fi direct” function?
“Wi-Fi direct” is a feature to support several phones to get connection together to transfer data like files, pictures, music etc. One touch 995 supports “Wi-Fi direct”, but there is no embedded APK. So please search an APK from android market to support this function. Then follow the steps below to use it:
Please go to menu -> “Settings” -> "Wireless & networks” -> activate “Wi-Fi Direct”-> press “Wi-Fi Direct settings”-> then the phone will auto search other devices and please select the devices you want to connect to. Once it is done, you can transfer file, music, text with the APK you download from Android market.
- Q4How can I use HDMI to connect my phone to a television?
You can connect your phone to a TV by HDMI cable to have better view of picture, video, play games or listen music on TV. Please make sure your TV supports HDMI input and then follow the steps below to use the function:
1. Please go to menu-> “Settings” -> “Display” -> enable “HDMI display”;
2. Please make sure the TV has HDMI input port and connect the phone to TV by HDMI cable;
3. Please set “HDMI” as the TV signal input port at the TV’s main menu;After above steps are finished, you can view picture or video, listen music, or play games on your TV by opening the files from your phone “File manager”.
- Q5How can I use “One Touch Share”?
"One Touch Share"service enables you to share media files with DLNA certified devices via Wi-Fi network. Take making computer to play your phone video as an example:
1. Please make you phone and computer connect to the same Wi-Fi network;
2. Please configure your computer and take WIN7 32bit OS as an example. Open windows media player -> “Media streaming” -> "Open media streaming” -> A new page will pop up for selecting your device name -> Click “media streaming’ again, then you will see two new options, please enable “auto allow device play my media”.
3. Please open “one touch share” APK on your phone, go to “File manager” to open a video which will be playing on computer.
- Q6How can I make factory data reset on my phone?
There are 2 methods to make factory data reset on your phone:
Method 1: Under power on mode
Please go to menu->“Settings” -->“Privacy” ->“Factory data reset;
Method 2: Under power off mode
Hold down volume up key and press Power key at the same time until the screen lights up and Android cartoon pops up.
Please note that factory data reset will erase all data from your phone and you can also mark the “Erase SD card” to erase all the data from your SD card.
- Q7How can I use 3D launcher?
1. You can add more page into the launcher by long pressing a icon for 2 seconds from icon column and dragging it to the launcher;
2. You can delete one page from launcher by long pressing a page for 2 seconds and dragging it up to the icon column;
3. You can add the applications on any page of launcher in the following two ways:
a. Press menu key at keyboard, click “Add” and choose an item: Folders/ Application/ Android Widgets/ Android Shortcuts, then click the application which you want to add on the page;
b. Press the application icon for about 2 seconds in main menu, the icon will be displayed and moved on a page.
4. If you want to delete the application on a page of launcher, please press the application icon on the page for about 2 seconds and drag it to a trash can icon which appears at the bottom of home screen.
- Q8Why couldn’t I power on my phone with low battery when the phone is being charged? Your phone can’t power on until the voltage reaches to certain value when the phone is being charged. Please wait for a moment to power on your phone.
- Q9How can I forward or copy a message? Please long press the message and then a list of options will appear on the screen. You can choose the option by touching it.
- Q10I was requested to input my Google account during the setup wizard when I switch it on for the first time. Can I use the phone without a Google account? Yes, you can use the phone without a Google account. One Touch 995 is a smart phone with Android system which has built in programs such as Google mail and Google Market, which request a Google account for application. We suggest you have a Google account so that you can fully use all the functions of Android operating system.
- Q11How can I find the recently used programs? Please long press Home key and the recently used programs will be displayed on the screen.
- Q12How can I set my incoming call ringtone? Please press “menu” key at home screen-->“Settings” -->“Sound” -->“Phone ringtone” -->Select the ringtone you want.
You can also go to main menu -->“Music” --> Open an mp3 file which you want to set as your incoming call ringtone -->press “menu” -->“Use as ringtone”.
- Q13Why doesn’t my alarm work? Firstly, please note that the alarm doesn’t work in power off mode.
Secondly, please remember to touch the icon after you finish editing your alarm. There will be a green bar under the icon if the alarm is activated successfully.
- Q14How can I forward incoming call to another phone? Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Call settings” -> “General call settings” -> “GSM call settings” --> “Call forwarding” -> “Always forward” -> Input the phone number which you want to forward to and enable it.
- Q15How can I attach attachment into MMS? The maximum message size of one touch 995 is 300KB. You can attach any attachment within this size by the following steps:
Create a new message-->touch “Menu” key -->“Attach” -->select the file which you want to attach.
You can also attach more than one attachment by following below steps, but the total size of these attachments should be within 300KB.
Create a new message -->touch “Menu” key -->“Attach” -->“Slideshow” -->“Slide 1” -->“Add picture” select the file which you want to attach --> touch “Menu” key -->“Add slide” -->“Add picture” -->repeat if you need to attach more attachments.
You can also add music as attachment if you press “Add music” instead of “Add slide”.
- Q16How can I transfer files by Bluetooth? Please press “menu” key at home screen -->“Settings” -->“Wireless & networks” --> Turn on “Bluetooth”. Then please go to main menu -->“File Manager” --> Long press the file which you want to send via Bluetooth -->“Share” -->“Bluetooth” -->Select a device, then the file will be transferred.
- Q17Why doesn’t my earphone work properly?
One touch 995 has refined design in earphone connector which can only be compatible with the original earphone. Please use the original earphone.
- Q18Why couldn’t I see the SD card on PC? 1. Please make sure your SD card is undamaged and can be recognized by your handset.
2. Please make sure the right USB cable for One Touch 995 is used.
3. When you connect the handset to PC, you’ll get the notification of “USB connected”. Please press “Turn on USB storage”, then you can access your SD card on PC.
- Q19How should I stop the connection between SD card and PC? If you want to stop the connection between SD card and PC, please click the status bar on home screen and drag it down, then click “Turn off USB storage”-->“Turn off”.
- Q20How can I change the input method? Firstly please make sure the input methods you need have been installed in your phone. Then go to “messaging” -->“Compose new messages”--> Long press the blank area and click “Input method” on the popup window, you can select the input method that you want.
- Q21Why couldn’t I see my contacts in the SIM card? The contacts in the SIM card need to be imported to handset before you use them. Please press Menu key when you get in the contacts interface, then choose “Import/Export” → Select “Import from SIM card” → Select contacts →“OK” .
- Q22Can I use the phone without SD card? Yes, the phone can be used without SD card. But the SD card is mandatory for some applications, such as camera, camcorder and downloading files from internet. We suggest you have an SD card so that you can fully use all the functions.
- Q23How can I install programs like tools and games? APK (Android Package) file is the installation file for Android phone, which can be downloaded from Google Market or other websites. Please copy APK files to the SD card and access into the built-in “File Manager” to open it, then follow the setup wizard to finish the installation.
Please note that the third-party APK files downloaded from other websites except Google Market are not allowed to be installed by default due to security reason. You can change the setting by the following method: “Settings” → “Applications”, then activate “Unknown sources” option.
- Q24How can I uninstall the programs? The built-in programs in the handset are not allowed to be uninstalled. You can only uninstall the applications installed by yourself.
Please press “menu” key at home screen →“Settings”→ “Applications” → “Manage applications”, then you can see the applications installed by yourself. Please click the one that you want to uninstall and follow the uninstall process.
- Q25How can I connect to Wi-Fi? Please press “menu” key at home screen ->“Settings” ->“Wireless & networks” ->Turn on “Wi-Fi” Press “Wi-Fi settings” ->Select “Network notification” ->press “menu” key ->“Scan”-> The available Wi-Fi networks will be listed.
Press the network which you want to connect. If the connection is successful, the Wi-Fi icon will be shown on the top of the status bar, near the antenna signal icon.
Please note that the Wi-Fi function could fail if static IP is activated. You can deactivate “Use static IP” by pressing “Menu” key at home screen ->"Settings” ->"Wireless & networks”->Turn on “Wi-Fi” ->Press “Wi-Fi settings” -> press menu key ->“Advanced”->deactivate “Use static IP”.
- Q26Why is there no display when I click Map or GPS? The phone requires around 5 minutes to access the GPS satellite and to get the best positioning when you use the GPS for the first time. A better and quicker positioning requires to be stable in a place with clear view of the sky. The GPS needs around 20-40s to get the best positioning after the first time.
- Q27Why does my screen orientation adjust itself? The screen can orientate automatically with the machine moving. You can go to “settings” → “Display” →deactivate “Orientation”.
- Q28How can I set the unlock pattern?
Please press “menu” key at home screen → “Settings” → “Location & Security” → “Set up screen lock” → “Pattern”.
An example of unlock pattern will appear on the screen to show you how to do. Click “Next” to continue.
Draw an unlock pattern as you want and memorize it. Click “continue”.
Draw the pattern again and click “confirm”. Now the pattern is the unlock pattern for your phone.
- Q29I forget the screen unlock pattern. How can I unlock the screen now? If you forget the screen unlock pattern, please make user data format in the following way:
Turn off the handset, hold down volume up key and press Power key at the same time until the screen lights up and Android cartoon pops up. The handset can be used without screen unlock pattern after its reboot.
Please note that user data format will erase all data from your phone (not include SD card files and current system software).
- Q30Why does my phone work slower than before? When too many temporary files have been stored in memory, it may affect system response. We suggest you find suitable APK from Android Market to clean your database. And please do not install too many applications in system as it might affect the operation performance. It is suggested to use “Task manager” to kill the unused running programs and use “File manager” to uninstall the unnecessary applications. You can also visit our website to find the latest software to update your system.
- Q31Why couldn’t I get the location fixed by GPS suddenly? If your moving speed is around 8-10km/h, you will not get a location fixed by GPS. Please reduce the speed or have a stop for 20-30 seconds, then you can get the location fixed.
- Q32Why isn’t Gtalk connected and why couldn’t I download application on Android Market by using Wi-Fi? Please confirm that your Wi-Fi router or firewall is not blocking pot 5228(TCP and UDP). You can read the user guide of your Wi-Fi equipment or contact your IT for more details.
- Q33Why is there a notification of connection error or certificates error when I use mail or Face book/Twitter/Opera mini? If the time or time zone is not correctly set, the phone might have connection error or certificates error when you use the above applications. Please set your handset’s time to the correct local time including time zone, date and time.
- Q34How can I reduce flow for web browsing? Please go to main menu -> “Browser” -> Press “menu” key -> “More” -> “Settings” -> Cancel “Load images”, then the images will not display when you browse internet.
- Q35How can I set up my Internet connection?
1． Please go to menu-> “Settings”-> "Wireless & networks”
2． Select “Mobile networks” -> “Network settings” -> “Access Point Names” ->you can select a corresponding APN or press “Menu” key-> Create a “New APN”.
3. Please input the data according to local network parameters.
4. Please make sure “Disable data” is deactivated by going to menu -> “Battery Saver” ->”Settings” -> Deactivate “Disable data”.
5. After the above steps are done, please go to menu-> “Settings”-> "Wireless & networks” -> “Mobile networks” ->activate “Data enabled”, then you can access Internet.
- Q36How can I use my phone as modem?
There are two methods to use the phone as modem:
Method 1: By using USB tethering
1. Please make sure USB driver has been installed in PC;
2. Please connect your phone to PC via USB cable, then go to main menu ->“Settings”"-> “Wireless & networks”->”Tethering & portable hotspot” -> activate “USB tethering”
Method 2: By using portable Wi-Fi hotspot
1. Please go to main menu ->“Settings”"->Wireless & networks”->”Tethering & portable hotspot” -> activate “Portable Wi-Fi hotspots -> press “configure Wi-Fi hotspot” to change device name and set up password ->save
2. Please activate the wireless network connection of your computer and it will auto search the wireless signal; then connect it and input the same password.
Note: 1.Please make sure to activate “Data enabled” by going to menu-> “Settings”-> "Wireless & networks” -> “Mobile networks” ->activate “Data enabled”; 2. Please make sure bluetooth is off when you are using portable hotspots; 3. Please turn off portable Wi-Fi hotspot when you are not using it for security concern.
Once phone and PC get connected, the phone can act as a modem.
- Q37Why does my Android phone become warm? The phone will become warm following prolonged calls, game playing, internet surfing or running other complex applications. This heating is a normal consequence of the CPU handling excessive data. Ending above actions will make your phone return to normal temperature.
- Q38How can I make my battery last longer?
Firstly, please close some applications which are not used in background.
Please press menu key-> “Settings”->“Applications”->“Running services”->select the idle programs that you are not using and stop them.
Secondly, please adjust the screen brightness.
Please press menu key from home screen->“Settings”->“Display”->“Brightness”.
Thirdly, please deactivate Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when you are not using them.
Please press menu key from home screen->“Settings”-> “Wireless & networks” ->deactivate “Bluetooth” and “Wi-Fi”.
Fourthly, you can disable “Background data”.
Please press menu key from home screen->“Settings”-> “Accounts & sync” -> Disable “Background data”.
- Q39Why does my phone screen become black when I end a call? One touch 995 has a proximity sensor. With this sensor, the LCD backlight will turn off automatically when the phone closes to your skin and will light on again when the phone is apart. This design can help to save power consumption.
If there is some dirt on proximity sensor lens, the proximity sensor might not work normally and your phone screen might become black and couldn’t response even if you press any key after ending a call. In this case, please clean the surface of proximity sensor lens and re-power on the phone (sometimes you might need to remove the battery first).It is suggested to keep your proximity sensor lens always clean during your daily using. Proximity sensor’s position is as below for your reference:
- Q40How can I set my own MP3 files as SMS ringtone? Please go to menu-->"File manager"-->press “Menu” key -->"New folder"-->input "Notifications" as the folder name-->OK-->Copy the MP3 files to this new folder "Notifications";
Then go to menu-->"Messaging"-->press "Menu" key"-->“Settings"-->"Select ringtone"-->you will find your MP3 files here, please select one--OK.
- Q41Could I un-mount the SD card when the phone is power on? Please note that you need to power off your phone before you un-mount SD card, which will prevent corrupting or damaging the files in SD card.
- Q42Why couldn’t my phone detect SDHC Card? Firstly please make sure your SDHC card is not damaged or scratched and has been correctly inserted. Secondly please note that your phone only supports some kinds of SDHC card except UHS-I, UHS-II or above cards. You can follow below table to check the mark. If the mark on your SD card is in below table, it means the card can’t be used in your phone. For more detail, please contact your SDHC card supplier.
- Q43Where can I download source code for my phone? Please feel free to download source code for your phone from the following website: