Faq - ONETOUCH 995 ICS FOTA
- Q1What is FOTA? FOTA means Firmware Over-The-Air, which is a function imbedded in Alcatel Android phones to upgrade handset software to the latest version.
- Q2How can I upgrade my phone to ICS (Android 4.0)? Three are 3 ways to upgrade your phone to ICS (Android 4.0):
1. Please upgrade your phone with FOTA;
2. Please upgrade your phone with one touch upgrade which can be downloaded from our official website;
3. Please visit our repair center to upgrade your phone.
- Q3How can I use FOTA to upgrade my phone from Android 2.3 to Android 4.0? For updating your Alcatel ONE TOUCH 995 from Android 2.3 to Android 4.0, you need to upgrade twice with FOTA. The first time is to upgrade your phone from Android 2.3 lower version to 2.3 highest version V61j; while the second time is to upgrade from 2.3 highest version to ICS 4.0. Please follow the steps below to make upgrade twice:
1. Please press “Menu” key at home screen--> “Settings”-->“About phone”-->“System updates” -->“Check for update” -->“Download”, then the phone will download a package to your SD card. “Install” the package, then the phone will auto reset.
2. After the above upgrade finishes successfully, please go to “Settings”-->“About phone”-->“System updates”--> “Check for update” again to check whether there are other updates. If yes, please update again; if there are no other updates, it means your phone software version is the latest one.
- Q4Which network is applicable to check and download firmware? Both 3G and Wi-Fi are available to check and download firmware. Wi-Fi is preferred as the downloading package is a little big in size which is used to upgrade Android 2.3 to 4.0. Please make sure your phone is not in sleep mode when using Wi-Fi to download the firmware package, or the download process will stop.
- Q5Do I need to back up data in phone memory, SIM card and SD card before installation? FOTA will erase personal APK, call record, contacts, alarms, customize gallery in phone memory. But it will not erase data in your SIM card and SD card. It is suggested to use an APK called “Backup cloud” to backup your phone data.
- Q6What should I do when the download fails?
Download failure might be caused by unstable Wi-Fi network. Please try again by clicking “Download” button. You can try this way several times if needed. Or you can also reset and re-launch FOTA via the following step:
1. Please press “Menu” key at home screen --> “Settings” -->“Applications” -->“Manage applications” -->“FOTA App” -->“Clear data”-->“OK”.
2. Re-launch FOTA by pressing “Menu” key at home screen --> “Settings”-->“About phone”-->“System updates”-->“Check for update” -->“Download”-->“Install”.
- Q7What should I do if Status bar stops during downloading? It happens when Wi-Fi interrupts or SIM network is not stable. In this case, the “Download” button will light up. Please move to a place with strong signal, connect Wi-Fi or SIM network and press “Download” button to continue the downloading process. You can control downloading process manually by clicking “Pause” when downloading, moving to a place with strong signal and clicking “Download” to continue.
- Q8What should I do if the phone power off automatically during downloading? In this case, system will stop but keep the downloading process and “Download” button will light up. Please charge your phone fully or replace a new battery, and press “Download” button to continue the downloading progress.
- Q9How can I know that the phone is upgraded successfully? Your handset status bar will show “upgrade successful” after upgrading successfully.
In order to avoid missing another new software package, it is suggested to check update again by going to “Settings”-->“About phone”-->“System updates”--> “Check for update” so as to make sure your handset is installed with the latest software version.
- Q10What should I do if the phone pops up the “Lower Battery Power” dialogue box? Usually the system will pop up a message to remind you of charging handset if your battery power is less than 30%.
If your handset power off during installing, please charge your handset fully then press “Menu” key at home screen --> “Settings” -->“About phone”-->“System updates” -->“Install”.
- Q11Why does my phone remind “No update version now, please check later” when I click “Check for update”? Please note that it is because there is no new package upgradeable in the server. You can set “Auto-check intervals” once a week to avoid missing updating by pressing “Menu” key at home screen -->“Settings”-->“About phone”-->“System updates”-->“Settings and help” -->“Auto check intervals” -->select time.
- Q12Could I use FOTA update without SD card? NO, please note that SD card is mandatory for FOTA update to check firmware and the downloading software package will be stored in SD card. Please free some space in SD card for FOTA update.
- Q13Why is download process so slow? It is highly recommended to use Wi-Fi instead of SIM network to download.
Download speed depends on Wi-Fi speed of internet provider. Please check Wi-Fi speed to make sure download process runs smoothly and fast.
- Q14How can I set to check whether there is new firmware available automatically? Please press “Menu” key at home screen--> “Settings”-->“About phone”-->“System updates”-->“Settings and help” -->“Auto check intervals” -->select time.
- Q15 Why does my ONE TOUCH 3D Launcher disappear after I upgrade my phone to Android 4.0 successfully? The update brings Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 to your ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 995. Please note that your phone will lose ONE TOUCH 3D Launcher as this software isn’t compatible with Android 4.0.