FAQ - Trouble Shooting
- Q1Why is the touch lens insensitive or not responsive when I click it?
A1: Please make sure your phone unlock.
A2: Please calibrate touch lens in time. Enter "Touch settings "option in "Settings" menu, choose "Touch calibration" option, and select "LCD touch calibration" to calibrate touch lens.
A3: If it still does not work after the above two steps, please long press power on key to reach "Profiles" tab. Then long press volume key (up key ) to enter LCD area calibration, and (down key ) to enter LED area calibration.
- Q2Why does my PC display a warning message of 'Power Surge On Hub Port' when I install/connect the modem?
The warning message (as below snapshot) means the power supply from PC to modem via USB connector is insufficient, which is caused by the instability of old version PC main board or laptop.
We suggest you use a Y-USB-Cable to connect your PC and modem, if you meet this kind of problem. It will be appreciated if you can send us the brand and model of your PC from the following website:
- Q3How can I transfer the contacts from Alcatel feature phone to Android phone?
Here we take One Touch 990 and OT-806 for example.
Please make sure that PC suites for both One Touch 990 and OT-806 are installed in your PC successfully. You can download them from Alcatel Global Website.
One Touch 990 PC Suite:
OT-806 PC Suite :
Firstly, please connect OT-806 to PC by data cable and select "Com port" on phone screen. Open OT-806 PC Suite, then you will see the status "Connected". Then click "Sync".
Secondly, select PIM software (Microsoft Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook), we take Microsoft Outlook Express for example, then click "Sync".
When the contacts synced to Outlook, it will display "synchronization completed".
Thirdly, you can find them in Outlook ? Contacts.
Fourthly, please connect One Touch 990 to PC by data cable. Open ALCATEL PC Suite for One Touch 990.
Set One Touch 990 according to PC suite Notification.
Step 1: lanch Android manager agent;
Step 2: Press menu? wireless & networks ?Tethering & portable hotspot?select "USB tethering"
When Android phone connects to PC suite successfully, PC suite will show , then click "Sync" and select "Contacts".
Select sync object
Select the contacts you want to import, click "next".
After the above steps finish, new contacts are added to your One Touch 990.
If you have any question, please contact us
- Q4Why is there no battery charging icon indicated on my phone when I plug it to the charger?
Once the battery isn't used for a long time, it is probably that the battery had been over discharged. In this case, the phone would have no charging indicator when you plug it to the the charger. It doesn't necessarily mean the battery is broken. You can charge it for at least 10-30 minutes and see if there is anything changes. If you still reproduce the same symptom, the battery may be really failed, please send it to our repair center. You can find the contact information of our repair centers on the below website:
- Q5I can't make outgoing call, I can't receive incoming call.
It maybe problem of the phone, network, or your settings, Please perform the following checks:
1. Make sure you have dialed a valid number and press the pick up call key.
2. Make sure your mobile phone is connected to a network, and that the network is not overloaded or unavailable.
3. Check your subscription's status with your service provider.
If the problem persists, please try the following steps:
1. Check if you had activated call barring. 'Call barring' means you had barred some out-going call (All calls, All calls except those in SIM contacts, International calls, International except home) or incoming call (All calls, All calls except those in SIM contacts, Roaming). If you had activated, please cancel it.
2. Check if you had activated flight mode. 'Flight mode' means you had disconnected with service provider, and you will not be able to make out-going call and can't receive call. If you had activated, please cancel it.
3. Check if you had activated 'call forwarding'. It is possible that your incoming calls will be forwarded directly to your voicemail or other phone. If you had activated, please cancel it.
If the problem still can't be solved, please bring your phone to an Alcatel Care point for inspection, or call the Alcatel Contact Center correspondingly in the country you are located.