Have a look to the most Frequently Asked Questions, and get an answer to your own ones.
This section is dedicated to support and guide you in your experience of your mobile, with questions concerning your own mobile, updated in regular bases to give you more answers.
If you still can't find the answer to one of your questions, or you would like to give us some advice, please contact us, we will be happy to reply to you as soon as possible. (Contact our hotline or Write to us)
Below are the TOP FAQs:
- Q1Tribe Omni One Touch 980: Why couldn’t I see my SMS in the SIM card? To check the SMS saved in SIM card, please press Menu key in Messaging interface, then choose Settings ---> Manage SIM card messages.
- Q2Tribe Omni One Touch 980: Why are there many email-addresses in my accounts after I set Google account? TRIBE OMNI ONE TOUCH 980 will synchronize your handset contacts with your Google contacts automatically once your Google account is set up on the phone. After synchronization all email addresses that you have written email to will be shown in the Contacts. You can change the setting referring to the following instructions:
1. Press Menu key in Contacts interface, then choose Display options---> Only contacts with phones.
2.Press Menu key in home interface, then choose Settings---> Accounts & sync ---> your Google account, then cancel the tick after the item which you do not want synchronization.
- Q3Tribe Omni One Touch 980: Why couldn’t I see my contacts in the SIM card? The contacts in the SIM card should be imported to handset before you use them. Please press Menu key when you get in the contacts interface, then choose Import/Export ---> Import from SIM card. You can also choose import from SD card if you have vCard saved in your SD card.
- Q4Tribe Omni One Touch 980: Why does my phone display black?
It might be linked to some applications installed in your phone, which are from unknown sources.
Please make factory reset in the following way: Turn off the handset, press the ‘R’ key on the QWERTY keypad and the "End" key at the same time for a few seconds till you see the reset interface, then the phone will reboot automatically.
Please be noted that factory reset will erase all data from your phone (not include SD card files and current system software). Please back up all useful information by Alcatel PC Suite. You can download the latest Alcatel PC Suite version for OT-980 from below address:
If the failure persists after factory reset, please contact Alcatel Contact Center according to the country you are located.
- Q5Tribe Omni One Touch 980: Why is the touch screen sometimes no sensitive？ The phone with touch screen function may be insensitive after using for some time. In this case please calibrate the touch screen by the following two methods:
1. Press the Alt and Enter keys on the QWERTY keypad；
2. Enter into application list and choose TS Calibration.
- Q6Tribe Omni One Touch 980: Why couldn’t I see the SD card on PC?
1. Please make sure your SD card is undamaged and can be recognized by your handset.
2. Please make sure the right USB cable for TRIBE OMNI ONE TOUCH 980 is used.
3. When you connect the handset to PC, you can see a USB icon on the top status bar. Click on the status bar and drag it down. You’ll get the notification of “USB connected”. Click on it and choose “Mount”, then you can access your SD card on PC.
- Q7Blaze One touch 906: Why is there no display when I click Map or GPS?
The phone requires around 5 minutes to access the GPS satellite and to get the best positioning when you use the GPS for the first time. A better and quicker positioning requires to be stable in a place with clear view of the sky. The GPS needs around 20-40s to get the best positioning after the first time.
- Q8Blaze One touch 906: How can I make Wi-Fi auto-close when the screen turns off?
Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Wireless & networks” -> “Wi-Fi settings” -> “menu” key -> “Advanced”.
Press “Wi-Fi sleep policy” -> Select “When screen turns off”. Then the Wi-Fi function will sleep when the screen turns off. Please remember not to choose “Never” because the battery will use up very soon.
- Q9Blaze One touch 906: How can I set the unlock pattern?
Please press “menu” key at home screen → “Settings” → “Location & security” → “Set up screen lock” → “Pattern”. An example of unlock pattern will appear on the screen to show you how to do. Click “Next” to continue.
Draw the pattern again and click “confirm”. Now the pattern is the unlock pattern for your phone.
- Q10Blaze One touch 906: I forget the screen unlock pattern. How can I unlock the screen now?
If you forget the screen unlock pattern, please make user data reset in the following way: Turn off the handset, press the volume up key, call key and the Power key at the same time for a few seconds until you see the reset interface. The handset can be used without screen unlock pattern after it reboots. Please be noted that factory reset will erase all data from your phone (not include SD card files and current system software).