FAQ - One Touch 990
- Q1How can I forward or copy a message? Please long press the message and then a list of options will appear on the screen. You can choose the option by touching it.
- Q2I was requested to input my Google account during the setup wizard when I switch it on for the first time. Can I use the phone without a Google account? Yes, you can use the phone without a Google account. One Touch 908 is a smart phone with Android system which has built in programs such as Google mail and Google Market, which request a Google account for application. We suggest you have a Google account so that you can fully use all the functions of Android operating system.
- Q3How can I find the lately used programs? Please long press home key and the latest used programs will be displayed on the screen.
- Q4How can I set my incoming call ringtone? Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Sound” -> “Phone ringtone” -> Select the ringtone you want to set.
You can also go to main menu -> “File Manager” -> find the mp3 file which you want to set as your incoming call ringtone -> press “menu” -> “Use as ringtone”.
- Q5Why doesn’t my alarm work? Firstly, please be noted that the alarm does not work in power off mode.
Secondly, please remember to touch the icon after you finish editing your alarm.
There will be a green bar under the icon if the alarm is activated successfully.
- Q6How can I forward incoming call to another phone? Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Call settings” -> “GSM call settings” -> “Call forwarding” -> “Always forward” -> Input the phone number which you want to forward to and enable it.
- Q7How can I attach attachment into MMS? The max message size of 908 series phones is 300KB. You can attach any attachment within this size by following below steps:
Create a new message -> touch “Menu” key -> “Attach” -> select the file which you want to attach.
You can also attach more than one attachment by following below steps, but the total size of these attachments should be within 300KB.
Create a new message -> touch “Menu” key -> “Attach” ->“Slideshow” -> “Slide 1” -> “Add picture” -> select the file which you want to attach -> touch “Menu” key -> “Add slide” -> “Add picture” -> repeat if you need to attach more attachments.
- Q8How can I reduce flow for web browsing? Please go to main menu -> “Browser” -> Press “menu” key -> “More” -> “Settings” -> Cancel “Load images”, then the images will not display when you browse internet.
- Q9How can I transfer files by Bluetooth? Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Wireless & networks” -> Turn on “Bluetooth”. Then please go to main menu -> “File Manager” -> Long press the file which you want to send via Bluetooth -> “Share” -> “Bluetooth” -> Select a device, then the file will be transferred.
- Q10Why couldn’t I see the SD card on PC? 1. Please make sure your SD card is undamaged and can be recognized by your handset.
2. Please make sure the right USB cable for One Touch 908 is used.
3. When you connect the handset to PC, you’ll get the notification of “USB connected”. Please choose “Mount”, then you can access your SD card on PC.
- Q11How should I stop the connection between SD card and PC? If you want to stop the connection between SD card and PC, please click the status bar on home screen and drag it down, then click “Turn off USB storage” -> “Turn off”.
- Q12How can I change the Input Method? Please make sure that you have those input methods installed in your phone and they were chosen by “Settings” -> “Language & keyboard”.
Long press the blank area where you want to type in, click Input method on the popup window, then you can select the input method that you want.
- Q13How can I add/move/delete the application on the home screen? You can add/move the applications on home screen in the following two ways:
1. Press menu key at home screen, click “Add”, choose an item: Shortcuts / Widgets/ Folders/ Wallpapers, then click the application which you want to add on the home screen.
2. Press the application icon for about 2 seconds, the icon will be displayed and moved on home screen as your finger moves.
If you want to delete the application on the home screen, please press the application icon on home screen for about 2 seconds the icon will then become bigger and a trash can icon will appear in the bottom of home screen.
The application will be deleted from the home screen if you drag the application icon to the trash can.
- Q14Why couldn’t I see my contacts in the SIM card? The contacts in the SIM card should be imported to handset before you use them. Please press Menu key when you get in the contacts interface, then choose “Import/Export” → “Import from SIM card”. You can also choose “Import from SD card” if you have vCard saved in your SD card.
- Q15Can I use the phone without SD card? Yes, the phone can be used without SD card. But the SD card is mandatory for some applications, such as camera, camcorder and downloading files from internet. We suggest you have an SD card, so that you can fully use all the functions.
- Q16How can I install programs like tools and games? APK (Android Package) file is the installation file for Android phone, which can be downloaded from Google Market or other websites. Please copy APK files to the SD card and use the built-in File Manager program to open it, then follow the setup wizard to finish the installation. Please be noted that the third-party APK files downloaded from other websites except Google Market are not allowed to be installed by default due to security reason. You can change the setting by the following method: “Setting” → “Applications”, then choose “Unknown sources” option.
- Q17How can I uninstall the programs? The built-in programs in the handset are not allowed to be uninstalled. You can only uninstall the applications installed by yourself. Please press “menu” key at home screen → “Settings” → “Applications” → “Manage applications”, then you can see the applications installed by yourself. Please click the one that you want to uninstall and follow the uninstall process.
- Q18How can I connect to Wi-Fi? Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Wireless & networks” -> Turn on “Wi-Fi” -> Press “Wi-Fi settings” -> Select “Network notification” -> press “menu” key -> “Scan” -> The available Wi-Fi networks will be listed. Press the network which you want to connect. If the connection is successful, the Wi-Fi icon will be shown on the top of the status bar, near the antenna signal icon.
- Q19Why is there no display when I click Map or GPS? The phone requires around 5 minutes to access the GPS satellite and to get the best positioning when you use the GPS for the first time. A better and quicker positioning requires to be stable in a place with clear view of the sky. The GPS need around 20-40s to get the best positioning after the first time.
- Q20How can I close Wi-Fi when the screen turns off? Please press “menu” key at home screen -> “Settings” -> “Wireless & networks” -> “Wi-Fi settings” -> “menu” key -> “Advanced”.
Press “Wi-Fi sleep policy” -> Select “When screen turns off”. Then the Wi-Fi function will be sleep when the screen turns off. Please do not choose “Never” because the battery will be used up very soon.
- Q21How can I set the unlock pattern? Please press “menu” key at home screen → “Settings” → “Location & security” → “Set up screen lock” → “Pattern”. An example of unlock pattern will appear on the screen show you how to do. Click “Next” to continue.
Draw an unlock pattern as you want and memorize it. Click “continue”.
Draw the pattern again and click “confirm”. Now the pattern has become the unlock pattern for your phone.
- Q22I forget the screen unlock pattern. How can I unlock the screen now? If you forget the screen unlock pattern, please make user data reset in the following way: Turn off the handset, press the volume up key and the Power key at the same time for a few seconds until you see the reset interface. The handset can be used without screen unlock pattern after its reboot. Please be noted that factory reset will erase all data from your phone (not include SD card files and current system software). Please backup all useful information before reset.
- Q23Why couldn’t I get the location fixed by GPS suddenly? If your moving speed is around 8-10km/h, you will not get a location fixed by GPS. Please reduce the speed or have a stop for 20-30 seconds, then you can get the location fixed.
- Q24Why isn’t Gtalk connected and why couldn’t I download application on Android Market by using Wi-Fi? Please confirm that your Wi-Fi router or firewall is not blocking pot 5228(TCP and UDP). You can read the user guide of your Wi-Fi equipment or contact your IT for more details.
- Q25Why is there a notification of connection error or certificates error when I use mail or Face book/Twitter/Opera mini? If the time or time zone is not correctly set, the phone might have connection error or certificates error during the above applications. Please set your handset’s time to the right local time including time zone, date and time.
- Q26Which kind of video/picture I can watch on my phone? Which kind of music I can play? The phone supports video types: H.263, MPEG4 and H.264. Picture types: BMP, JPEG, GIF, png. Music types: AAC, AAC+, AAC Enhanced, WB AMR, MP3, Midi, wma.
- Q27How can I transfer the contacts from Alcatel feature phone to One touch 990?
Here we take One Touch 990 and OT-806 for example.
Please make sure that PC suites for both One Touch 990 and OT-806 are installed in your PC successfully. You can download them from Alcatel Global Website.
One Touch 990 PC Suite:
OT-806 PC Suite :
Firstly, please connect OT-806 to PC by data cable and select "Com port" on phone screen. Open OT-806 PC Suite, then you will see the status "Connected". Then click "Sync".
Secondly, select PIM software (Microsoft Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook), we take Microsoft Outlook Express for example, then click "Sync".
When the contacts synced to Outlook, it will display "synchronization completed".
Thirdly, you can find them in Outlook ? Contacts.
Fourthly, please connect One Touch 990 to PC by data cable. Open ALCATEL PC Suite for One Touch 990.
Set One Touch 990 according to PC suite Notification.
Step 1: lanch Android manager agent;
Step 2: Press menu? wireless & networks ?Tethering & portable hotspot?select "USB tethering"
When Android phone connects to PC suite successfully, PC suite will show , then click "Sync" and select "Contacts".
Select sync object
Select the contacts you want to import, click "next".
After the above steps finish, new contacts are added to your One Touch 990.
If you have any question, please contact us